Running lead rig – A simple underrated but effective ledgering rig that can be use on lakes and rivers. Particularly good for catching Bream on still waters and Chub in rivers.
Running lead rig – Additional
- A rig where the lead is free to run up the line
- Use a split shot as the stop, or a ledger stop, or a swivel with the hooklength attached
- Use a snap link for ease of changing the lead
- Bites are best detected with a quiver tip or touch ledgering by the fish moving off with the bait pulling the line through or disturbing the lead.
- Vary the hooklength for on the drop or tight to the bottom presentation
- Use anywhere, good at distance, or when too rough for a float, for a single bait in winter, roving a river, over a bed of feed
- Can change lead for swim feeder or maggot feeder
- A simple underrated but effective rig