Rods – A fishing rod is an item of fishing tackle used to cast the bait or lure, to control the fish once hooked and help bring the fish close enough to net. There are many different types of rod each used with a particular style of fishing, float fishing, ledgering, carp fishing, fly fishing or lure fishing for example.
Rods – Fishing rod Additional
- A fishing rod is for – casting, hooking, landing
- Material – cane, glass fibre, boron composite, carbon fibre
- Most now made of carbon fibre
- Handle – cork, Duplon or shrink wrap
- Rings – Lined with hard wearing material
Please search the index for specific types of fishing rod.