Float rod – A type of fishing rod made for float fishing, can be used on rivers, lakes and ponds. Generally made of carbon fibre, modern rods are light and easy to handle.
Float rod – Additional
- Purpose – float fishing for most species of freshwater fish found in rivers, lakes and ponds
- Length – classic float rod, three piece 13 foot with full handle.
- Good length for casting and quick pickup on the strike to connect with quick delicate bites, the rod should feel light and balanced
- Reel size 30 – 3000 or 40 – 4000 fixed spool reel or a centrepin reel
- Rings – lined and stand off from the rod
- action – progressive, starts at the tip and progresses down the rod to handle for harder fighting fish